Originally from Sausalito, CA husband and wife team, Jason Whitaker and Michelle Rickman had a long time dream of living that island lifestyle. The dream and search was called “Operation More Palm Trees”. Tiny's Bahamas is the product of Operations More Palm Trees. Jason and Michelle created their dream lifestyle by way of sharing their love for Long Island’s charm and character by offering to those with similar dreams and travel aspirations moderately priced boutique style accommodation with a bonus thatched roof beach bar for travelers wishing to escape and experience the Bahamas at it’s laid back best.
• The Bahamian government only requires proof of citizenship (e.g., birth certificate) and identity (e.g., valid driver's license) in order to enter The Bahamas. However, the U.S. government requires that Americans have a valid PASSPORT BOOK in order to re-enter the United States. The new PASSPORT CARD is only good for land and sea travel in countries in the Western Hemisphere, including the Bahamas.
• U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport book in order to re-enter the United States when traveling by air.
• Travelers to the Bahamas will be asked show proof of return/onward travel at check in for the international leg of trip.
• VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: Most visitors to The Bahamas do not need special vaccinations before entering the country. However, travelers over age one must provide a YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CERTIFICATE, if arriving from countries with risk of Yellow Fever transmission such as Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela.
Tiny's is centrally located between the two Long Island Airports:
• Stella Maris Airport (SML) located about 30 minutes north.
• Deadmans’ Cay Airport (LGI) located about 30 minutes south.
• Airports are approximately 48 miles apart
MAJOR CARRIERS TO NASSAU
Bahamas Air, Jet Blue, American Airlines, Delta, US Airways, United Airlines, Southwest, Air Canada, West Jet, and British Airways.
INTER ISLAND SERVICE FROM NASSAU TO LONG ISLAND
Southern Air www.southernaircharter.com (typically 8:00, 8:30 or 2:00 departure from NAS to Deadmans Cay or Stella Maris)
Bahamas Air www.bahamasair.com (typically a 1:00 or 2:00 departure from Nassau to Deadmans Cay)
NOTE: To avoid overnighting in Nassau and make a same day connection to Long Island; morning arrivals (no latter than noon) into NAS are required for either Bahamas Air or Southern Air's afternoon flight.
Stella Maris Resort Air Service - Joel Friese :l: www.stellamarisresort.com
Island Wings Charter - Marty Fox :l: www.islandwingscharter.com
Car rentals and taxi's are available at both airports. Renting a car is the best way to see the island.
Seaside Car Rentals :l: Salt Pond :l: 242-338-0140 :l: 242-357-1528
Presley Pinder :l: Millers :l: 242-472-0436 :l: annies car rental
Ophelias's Rent A Car :l: Winston Major :l: Deadman's Cay :l: 242-472-8072 :l: 242-357-1072
Omar's Car Rentals :l: Stella Maris 242-338-5273 :l: 242-357-1043
Mr. T's Car Rentals :l: Deadman's Cay Airport :l: 242-357-1678 :l: 242-337-1054
Taxi #4 :l: Alligator Bay, Long Island :l: 242-472-8065, VHF Channel 16
DeWitt Miller :l: Taxi #2 Deals, Long Island :l: 242-472-8714, VHF Channel 16
Omar Daley :l: Taxi #11 :l: Stella Maris, Long Island :l: 242-357-1043 or 242-338-2031 :l: http://omardaley.com/index.html
Long Island Boat Rental :I: Roger and Zoe Cartwright :I:242-357-1155 :I: https://www.longislandbahamasboatrentals.com/our-boats
Chamcem Boat Rental and Sales :l: Francis :l: 242-337-0199 :l: 357-1190 :l: firstname.lastname@example.org :l: email@example.com
GUIDED FISHING AND ECO TOURS
Big Bones Guided Fishing :l: Locksley Cartwright :l: Grays, Long Island :l: 242-337-7228 :l: firstname.lastname@example.org
Big V Adventures :I: Captain Marvin Cartwright :I: 242-472-8090 :I: https://bigvadventures.com
Long Island Bahamas Boat Charters with Captain Yan Turnquist :I: 242-357-1258
Reel Addicted :I: Captain Luke Mailis :I: 242-357-1090 :I: https://www.charterfishingbahamas.com
Tiny's recommended list of things to do in Nassau . . .
Enjoy a day under the seaswimming through corals and reefs, watching the schools whirl by or just relaxing on your own Beach. Captain and Crew awaits your arrival!!
Half Day Snorkel & Beach Cruise (4 hrs) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday – 12:00pm & 4:00pm
Cruise includes Sightseeing Tour, Beach games, Complimentary Rum Punch, Party Cat Special and Fruit Punch and also a Bahamian Barbecue lunch is included as well . A Cash Bar is also available. Cruises depart from Poop Deck East Bay and Paradise Island Terminal and include round trip transportation from hotels. Remember to call or write for pick-up times, which are usually a half hour prior to the boat’s departure.
$75.00 per person 5 STAR TRIP ADVISOR RATED!
Ask for a patio reservation (recommended) in Nassau’s most picturesque Italian restaurant.
In a centuries old building on Bank Lane behind Parliament Square, just off Bay Street.
Tel: (242) 356-7012. Fax (242) 356-7014
Open Tue – Sat. Lunch 12 noon – 3pm, Dinner 6pm – 11pm.
Bahama Hand Prints, featuring a unique Bahamian-made line of clothing and accessories, is conveniently located at the foot of the Paradise Island Bridge in the Island Traders Building. In addition to shopping in the store, you can take a tour of the factory and watch as the prints are created from scratch.
Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
Saturdays 10am to 2pm.
Check back for additions to this list. . .